Curbside service will continue to be available for non-teller transactions. Please contact us for appointments, accessibility concerns, or to make special arrangements prior to your visit. Additional parking is available along 57th Avenue with a two-hour limit.
For Best Practice When You Visit Any Branch Location:
- Clean Hands Often – Wash your hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer, especially after touching frequently used items or surfaces.
- Avoid Close Contact – Please maintain social distance in our facilities by allowing 6 feet of space between yourself and others. Please no hugs or other exchanges that could jeopardize our collective health.
- Maintain Personal Space – Keep extra space between yourself, our staff, and others in line when navigating the branch.
- Cover Coughs & Sneezes – Remember to always cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, or use the inside of your elbow. Throw used tissues in the trash and wash your hands.
- Wear A Mask – While face masks are not mandatory, you should strongly consider using face coverings while in public to help protect yourself and others.
- Clean & Disinfect – We will continue to follow enhanced cleaning protocol of our facilities, ATMs, electronics, and soft surfaces.
- Stay Home When Sick – Please stay home if you are feeling ill and use our many remote banking options instead.
Remote Banking Options
MOBILE & ONLINE BANKING
Bank wherever are, whenever you want. The mobile app is fast, easy, and always available right on your phone. Enroll in Online Banking today and download our mobile app through the Apple Store or Google Play Store.
Access your accounts using any ATM on our networks. Visit us here to find the locations nearest you.
If you aren’t comfortable coming into the branch, remember that our drive-thru lanes offer the convenience of banking from the comfort of your own vehicle. You can find our locations and drive-thru hours online by clicking here.
We’re committed to being responsive to the needs of our members and staff as we cautiously transition back to usual business operations. We’ll keep you informed via our website at ontapcu.org as further changes in protocol are required.
Should you have any specific concerns, please contact us at 303.279.6414 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information regarding COVID-19, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Resource Area.